Tuesday 29 March 2016

Easter weekend!

Easter is always a wonderful time. It brings spring time vibes and helps us remember Jesus Christ and the ultimate sacrifice he made for everyone. It was lovely to attend church and worship Him.
Around Christmas and Easter time, our church makes new videos and interactive website features to inform more people about what we believe in, Here is the #Hallelujah video they have for Easter this year. It still gives me chills.

On Thursday, I got off work at 4, and went straight home to start some baking. I made two batches of cupcakes, "unicorn bark" and candy coated pretzel sticks.
A sister we know from church lost her mother last weekend. We've known them for a long time. I decided to give this batch to her and her family. It's tough to lose someone you love, especially so close to a major holiday. I figured these would cheer them up so they could spend a happy Easter all together.

This is the unicorn bark. Basically just candy melts all mixed together with sprinkles. It is yummy though!

Here are the ones I made for my family. Just a vanilla cupcake with icing, and mini eggs and chocolate shavings to look like a bird nest. So cute and yummy!

On Good Friday, we were all off work, so mom invited the Elders over for lunch. We also invited our good friend Riley over. Dad made fried cod fish and potatoes. It was super great. I don't always like fish, but this time it was delicious. The Elders had to leave after we were done, but Riley stayed. We laid on the couch together watching YouTube videos and then we watched some TV. Riley took a quick nap on our couch, lol. When she woke up, we decided to take the cupcakes to the family I mentioned earlier. We spent some time talking with them out at their house, which was cool. I wish I had more time to visit people. 
Anyways, here was when we were laying on the couch, and Winnie decided we were comfy enough to rest a little on. She can be some cute sometimes.
On Saturday, I worked 9:30-5:30. That night I just kind of laid low, caught up on Grey's Anatomy ;)
Sunday morning, Dad went to Alberton to see my grammy, so just mom and I went to church. We went early since I'm in choir and we had to practice the song we were singing. We sand "Come Thou Fount of Every Blessing" which is a really great hymn. I love it. 
As I was skipping Sunday school, I stopped to chat with people in the hallway. It was myself, Alyssa, Haig, Riley, Megan and Steven. Long story short, we decided to take a squad selfie because we're awesome and we were all together and looked great.
I love these people so much. 

After church, I took Winnie for a walk at Victoria Park. She's still learning her walking manners, I just need to get her out more. 
For supper, we had pancakes and bacon and eggs. I love brinner ;) 
Mom and I went to the church where the women were planning to watch the church's General Women's meeting. It was actually on Saturday night, we watched in Sunday. It was really good. I might watch it again. I think a main theme the speakers spoke about was the amazing service the Relief Society organization provides around the world and about how Jesus Christ plays a major role in those forms of service. 

So yesterday, I went back to work, only 10-5 though. I also rented movies last night. I watched "The Intern" which was cute. I love Anne Hathaway, so that was awesome. I also rented "The Good Dinosaur" and "Sisters", so I hope those are good too!

Happy Easter everyone!!

No comments:

Post a Comment