Monday 21 March 2016

Winnie got spayed! || YSA Stake Activity in Fredericton || Dad's birthday!

I haven't written in a while, and I'm sorry :( Been busy with work and my pets and binge watching Grey's Anatomy.

Winnie got spayed last week and since she is more prone to licking the stitches, she was given a cone. And it was so funny. I laughed all the way home. She was a little out of sorts for the first few days after, but she's getting back to normal now!

||
So, on Friday afternoon, some friends and I went to Fredericton for a church Young Single Adult activity. The YSA group is for people at church aged 18-30. My dear friend Megan lives in Fredericton and basically planned the whole weekend. And she did an awesome job of it!! She is so talented and smart and I love her for doing everything for us to have an enjoyable weekend. When we arrived Friday night, we did some introductions and played a giant zombie apocalypse game. We also had nerf guns. After we were all kind of tired from that game, we played "What's Yours Like". I'm  not going to explain it, but it's really funny!
I spent the night at Megan's apartment with her and two other girls from PEI, Charmaine and Kaitlyn.
On Saturday morning, we went back to the church for breakfast, then after that we played "Capture the flag but the floor is lava". We got into teams and got baskets full of random stuff to put on our feet or slide on to get to the others teams base. We eventually added the nerf guns again, lol. After the game, we had a lesson with Rick Cartier from Halifax. He is a really awesome guy. He got us to ask some questions so we could go into the scriptures together and find answers. It was great.
We then had lunch and then played "Eternal Family Feud" (or "Family Fued", as Megan spelled it, haha). We then went into different groups again, but one group went and did an "Escape Room" while the other group starting making soup in a jar as a service project for the food bank. After those two were done, we played a game similar to Mafa, but with different names and additions. It's hard to explain, but again, it was really funny!
As I was eating supper, Megan called me out to talk to me. Unfortunately, someone who came with me in my car had to get back to PEI for personal reasons. It was already going on 6 p.m. and it's about a three and a half hour drive. We were supposed to stay until Sunday morning, so the other two people in my car made other arrangements to get home. I went to Megan's apartment to get my stuff, then my friend and I stopped for gas and came home. It was kind of scary driving to the bridge. If anyone reading this has ever driven in New Brunswick in the dark, they would know that a moose could come out of nowhere. But we made it to the bridge and everything worked out.
All in all, it was a really great weekend. We all had so much fun and I met some new people. 
*Sorry I don't have any pictures though!*
||
Today is my dad's and his twin sister's birthday! I won't reveal his age, he probably wouldn't like that, haha. We celebrated last night with a family dinner of chicken, potatoes, carrots, broccoli,  and stuffing. And for dessert, mom made root beer pie! It was actually so good!
Here is a recipe: http://www.buzzfeed.com/hannahwilliams/make-this-root-beer-pie-with-your-kiddo-for-pie-day#.qceQrwkNE
I got a tie as a present for my dad. It was $3 at Value Village and I know he usually likes blue ties, haha. I love my dad. He always knows how to make me laugh and he's so strong.
Love you daddy and happy birthday!
With his root beer pie!

Also, happy birthday to Auntie Karen :) xoxo




No comments:

Post a Comment