Monday 7 March 2016

Little Things

For the past couple days, I've been a little cranky. So I thought I would blog about good things to make me a little more cheery. 

Sleeping with a puppy can be tough because sometimes she wants to take up the whole bed and she gets up a lot to go outside for a potty break. With that, I'm up and down at weird hours of the morning. Sometimes I'm still kind of asleep while waiting for her to go pee. But I know this is natural. She's still young and still needs to get up to go. She's pretty cute too, so I can't resist.

I feel bad because I don't often have much to say about Meeko. She's pretty moody. For example, this morning she scratched my face but sometimes if you get her at the right time, she'll give you adorable pur filled cuddles. She's also just... well crazy!
It can be a love/hate relationship, but I mostly love her even when she scratches me.
Now to move on from my pets, because I know I talk about them a lot! (But oh well)
I went to visit my grandma in Moncton on February 27. She's pretty sweet. She's paralysed and in a wheelchair, and I think she's losing some of her memory. Some days are better than others, but I know she can't help it. On this visit, we brought her a balloon for her birthday and she said hi to us, and mom helped her eat lunch. We took her back to room after she ate, but kind of fell asleep. We tidied a bit and chatted with my uncle before we had to leave. 
I'm grateful to have seen grandma for at least a little bit. It's not easy to get over to Moncton to see her. Luckily on this day, mom and I were both free to go over to see her. 
And go to Bath & Body Works for lovely hand soaps ;)

My quilt is coming along. I'm learning quite a bit. I've been borrowing a sewing machine from my co-worker, but I think I'll buy my own soon. I'm totally up for learning more for my sewing skills. 
I LOVE the colours I picked. I was sceptical, but not anymore!

To finish off, here is another little thing I enjoyed last week. Alyssa came over to the house to make salad dressing and while washing her dishes, Winnie wanted to help. (Puppy is getting so big!)

I hope this post has cheered anyone up who was feeling cranky!!

1 comment:

  1. http://northfordmaggie.blogspot.ca/2016/03/a-pillow-for-putter.html

    Look at the quilt work on this blog. Isn't it awesome? So glad you were able to go over for Grandma's birthday. I was sad because no one could be with her at the Christmas lunch.

    ReplyDelete