Thursday 7 April 2016

Pet moments || P.E.I. Burger Love || General Conference!

Last week, I had two days off work. So I basically just stayed home and watched movies with my pets. (Also from my last post, "The Good Dinosaur" was good but I thought it had some sketchy parts. The animation is beautiful. And "Sisters" was good too I suppose, it wasn't as funny as I thought it would be.)
while Winnie was outside enjoying the sun, I got some rare kitty cuddles


We went to the Victoria Park boardwalk. She came home and plopped right down in my bed and I laid there with her.
||
In 2011, a campaign called "P.E.I. Burger Love" was born (http://peiburgerlove.ca/). It's basically a lot of Island restaurants in competition to see who can make the best burger. People try the burgers and vote for them online throughout the month of April. At the end, the most loved burger wins.
This year is 73 burgers, and me being the small person I am, I've tried two so far. 
Foxy Dill (BOOMburger)
2 – 3.5oz Island Beef Patties, Bb Fry Dill Dip, Lettuce, Dill Pickles, Tomatoes, COWS Extra Old Cheddar, Lucky Fox Snack Co. White Cheddar Dill Chips, Ketchup, and Mustard on a Bun grilled with COWS Creamery Butter

Desperado (Pizza Delight 1911 Jail)
6oz Island Beef Patty, Homemade Beef Chilli, Iceburg Lettuce, Onion, Corn Chips, Traditional Mustard, and Queso Cheese Sauce on a Fresh Herb and Cheese Bun

Both were very good. On the Foxy Dill, I wasn't a huge fan of the chips on there, mainly because I couldn't taste them very well. 
I'm hoping to try a few more!
||
Also, general conference was held over the weekend. General Conference is a broadcast church meeting held in Salt Lake City and is shown to members worldwide. I had to work during the Saturday sessions, but I watched them on Tuesday night. And I was able to watch the sessions on Sunday at the church. 
I have to say my favourite talk was by Jeffrey R. Holland. He's always so real and knows what he's talking about. 
Here is the link if you would like to read it! (https://www.lds.org/general-conference/2016/04/tomorrow-the-lord-will-do-wonders-among-you?lang=eng)
I also liked a lot of the talks about Temples and families. We have a Temple in Halifax, but its still hard to get to sometimes since we all work and have other activities to do. Last time I went was on Thanksgiving weekend in October. I hope I can go sometime this summer with my parents. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment