Tuesday 11 April 2017

April updates!

So ... I have my own apartment now! It's a one bedroom basement apartment and its a about a 15 minute drive from West Edmonton Mall (where I work!), its about 5 minutes from Southgate Mall, where there is an LRT station which will be good for Keaton when he's going go school. Plus, its a few minutes away from the Edmonton Temple, so that is amazing! Over the course of a couple days, I started packing up my room and we had been accumulated furniture for a little bit too. We officially moved everything on April 1. We streamed General Conference on our phones so we were able to listen. We were able to get a queen size bed frame from some family friends, and a lot of other furniture was found on Kijiji (shout out to Keaton for taking the time to find it all!). We have a few things settled in! So far, we have curtains in the bedroom, but blankets on the other windows. 
I've just been in it by myself, There is a few small things that Keaton has in it already, but otherwise its just me until we get married! 
But after we moved everything in, we got some yummy donair pizza and watched "The R.M." since April 1st marked one year since Keaton got home from his mission! I'm so happy with the progress he has made with deciding things with his life and choosing me to his partner through all of it :)
-
However on April 1st, my mom called to tell me some bad news. My grandmother (Dad's mom) had passed away. She had been in the hospital for three months with a brain infection. She kept having good days and bad days. It was growing hard for my dad and his twin sister. Eventually, she started to decline even more, and they had to let her go. I'll miss her. She was a wonderful lady. I'm very happy my last memory of her was good. I had gone to visit her in the hospital (that time, she was in for a shoulder problem) and it was before I was about to move to Alberta. When I told her I was moving and driving across the country for a guy I had been dating long distance, she was actually happy for me! While everyone else was asking me questions about my HUGE decision, Grammie told me she was happy for me and was totally accepting of it! 
Unfortunately, on April 7th, we lost another family member. My aunt Mary Lou passed away as well. She was the wife of my uncle Allan, who is my dads brother. She's had a lot of health issues in the past. I wasn't super close with her, but I know my parents and aunt will miss her. I really feel for her daughters, my cousins Tammy and Amanda and their families. 
It's been hard on all of us. Thankfully, I know there is a plan for all of us after death. So although I was worried at first, the fear is gone now. I wish I could have been with my family, but they understand. 

General conference helped a lot that weekend. President Dieter F. Uchtdorf spoke about families and family history work, which confirmed a lot to me about eternal families that weekend. And our prophet, President Thomas S. Monson encouraged members of the church to read and study the Book of Mormon - his counsel I will follow as I have started the Book of Mormon over again! And it should be a good read this time around. 
They're right here, if you would like to read them!!

No comments:

Post a Comment