Wednesday 9 November 2016

Did you know I still work at Rockport?

Before I left PEI, my old manager got an email from the manager of the Rockport store in the West Edmonton Mall asking me if I would like to be transferred to that store. We decided to meet together once I got to Edmonton to discuss it further. 

Before that though, on the first Sunday I was here, Keaton and I both fasted and prayed that if Rockport didn't work out, that things would go smoothly while looking for other work. It was challenge in my mind to decide if I should stay at a job I know so well or look for something where I would have to make different transitions.

I met the manager the next day and she offered me the full time third key, as the girl in that position is going on maternity leave. I wasn't sure though, since it would require me to work on Sunday's and Keaton and I both didn't want that.
At that time, the manager offered me a part time sales associate job to ease my way back into working in the store. And I was fine with that.

Since then, she and I have discussed it again. The prayers and hard work have paid off. She told me she could give me Sunday's off for the third key holder job. She said she respects that I go to church and there are other workers who don't mind working on that day. It was a great moment. I told her I would work every week day and Saturday if it meant I could get Sunday off.

*Dear readers, in case you didn't already know, prayer works! After I told Keaton the news, we were so humbled together. All because we have chosen to put God first and trust that He will always be there for us. I cannot stress enough that receiving answers from sincere prayers is a wonderful thing. And I'm so blessed to have my family back home and my family here to support me in so many things.*

Rockport for life! (Just kidding, I should probably get a grown up job some day.)

1 comment: