Tuesday 22 November 2016

Adjusting to Alberta

This has been a really easy transition, surprisingly. I miss home, but things are going pretty well here, I don't have to think about it too much!

A couple weeks ago, Austen's girlfriend Caitlin came to visit from Washington. She was supposed to arrive Saturday Nov. 5, but she told Keaton and I she was coming Nov. 4 to surprise Austen a day early! And he was very much surprised!
I feel bad because Keaton and I were pretty busy while she was here and only got to really hang out with her a few times. She did go to some of the twins' play rehearsals (They're going to be in "7 Brides for 7 Brothers" this week!) so that was good of her to see. We did go to lunch with Jackie and other friends one of the days. Theo and Kenzie came up from Calgary to see her and Courtney and Tom came and stayed too. We all had a murder mystery game one night and that was hilarious! 
But it was definitely cool to get to know her better!



Work is still going well. Christmas is right around the corner which means we'll be getting busier, especially all over the West Edmonton Mall. So I'll be on my toes for a while! I'll also have to start thinking of gifts for people pretty soon!

As I mentioned above, Keaton and Austen have been working for a few months on the play. And that's the reason why they have the beards! (Because everyone keeps asking why!) It should be good. I had never heard of the musical until Keaton told me about it! They have a really good director so I'm sure I'll like it a lot!
The twins also got their braces on when Caitlin was visiting, so it was cool for both of us to be there to support our men with that. And we still love them with their braces and scruffy hair. I've had braces, so I know exactly what they're going through!
(Here is the before shot! Then we can compare them side by side when he gets them off! He's such a cutie <3)

I was also finally able to get my car the out of province inspection it needed and get it registered here! I couldn't get my new drivers licence right away, but I should get it soon! The Gibb's actually have a license plate collection in their garage, so they can add my old PEI one to the rest! 

I'll also add that things in our relationship have been so good. Sure, we're not perfect and we still argue about things, but we make up and always humble ourselves to communicate as best as we can. And I love falling for him more and more everyday. :)

Sorry not sorry about my lovey posts. Have a nice day everyone! ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment