Tuesday 25 October 2016

Edmonton

All right, I live in Edmonton now! But let me tell you how I got here!
Once I decided I was going to move out here, I knew I didn't want to drive alone. I asked a few different people, but some couldn't make the trip. Enter Keaton's mom, Jackie. (to the rescue!)
On Oct. 14, Jackie flew to Moncton and my parents picked her up and brought her to PEI. She was going to be my driving companion, which was amazing! She spent the weekend with us and really enjoyed visiting the Island in the nice fall weather! 

Day One:
On Oct. 18, with the car packed with all my things, we left around 5:30 in the morning to start the journey together. Driving throught Quebec is just as crazy as everyone says it is! It was really beautiful though. We made it all the way to North Bay, ON that night and we stayed in a motel.

 


Day Two:
We got up before breakfast at 7. But the breakfast sucked - good thing we had crackers and peanut butter to snack on in the car! We crossed the border and drove through Michigan and Wisconsin! (we stopped in Minot and went to Target hahaha)
We drove right to Deer River, Minnesota to stay the night there! That was a nicer hotel, with better breakfast. 
(It was funny too getting to these hotels and we would both say that we were going to bed right away, then we would sit and chill and go on our phones! 
In Deer River, we went to a nearby gas station to fill up and it was probably 2 degrees out! That's just what happens when you go to Minnesota I guess!)



Day Three:
We left Deer River and drove into North Dakota (we stopped in Minot and went to Target hahaha). We then drove up to cross the border again to come back through Saskatchewan. That was a long stinking drive.
Mostly the whole drive, Jackie and I listened to an audiobook series that were called The Selection, The Elite and The One. They were all right! We also had a lot of time to tell stories and things about our lives, so that was good.
Once we reached Lloydminster, we were on the home stretch. I was SO tired and just passed out before getting to Sherwood Park. Upon our arrival, Keaton, his dad Eldon, his sister Courtney and her husband Tom were all at the house to greet us. I actually hugged Eldon first since he was right beside the car first! Keaton fake pouted and then came and hugged me. The three guys then took a few minutes to bring my boxes and bags into the house. 
Keaton doesn't live at home anymore but he stayed the first few nights I was here to make sure I would settle in okay. After we brought everything in, we watched a couple episodes of The Office before going to sleep.

Friday, we both got up since Keaton was taking my car for the day to go to the temple and class at school.
His class was actually cancelled and came back and surprised me! Before dinner, Keaton and I practised traditional German dance that we were going to be teaching at a YSA Oktoberfest activity that night! We actually picked it up pretty good, and we taught the dance to Courtney, Tom and Keaton's brother Austen when they came for dinner (We had missionaries over as well!) Keaton and Austen and I drove into Edmonton for the activity and it was an all right time! Keaton and I came back to Sherwood Park after and watched Netflix before going to bed.

Saturday, Cineplex was showing free movies, so picked up tickets to see Zootopia then went and picked up two of Keaton's cousins to come see it with us. Keaton was the only one who hadn't seen it yet, so we had to be quiet and not ruin it for him!
We then ran some errands and had lunch at home. Keaton is going to be in a play next month, so I took him to his rehearsal, then ran around town some more.
I picked him up about three hours later and came back to the home, where Jackie brought pizza for dinner. After that, Eldon took us into the garage to show us a bit on how to change oil in my car, which took maybe and hour. That was still good to be there for, and we helped when we could!
Keaton and I watched some Stranger Things for a bit then went to bed
(Going to see Zootopia)

Sunday, we got up and got ready for church at home then drove to Keaton's house in Edmonton. He lives in a big house with 10 other guys. We left the car there and we were able to walk to church. It was a good time at church. We learned a lot together. And I love when that happens!
After church, we drove back to Sherwood Park to have dinner at Keaton's grandparents house. The guys then had a choir practice at another stake center, so I sat in the chapel and listened to Courtney practice playing the organ. Keaton and I went back to his house and we watched The Best Two Years, because I hadn't see it before! It was really good!!

I'm also just so happy to be closer to Keaton. Long distance was tough at some times, but our progress amazes me every day and I'm so in love with him and I'm grateful to call him mine. :)

So yeah, things have been going well so far! I'm pretty much settled in, just waiting to hear on a job! 
Shoutout: thanks to everyone who supported me and helped my family and I along with this journey. It's been such a blessing to be in a new place and be closer to Keaton. I really think it's just going to get better and better! 

4 comments:

  1. Too bad you didn't have the time to make a vacation out of it. Probably won't see you now for years. :-(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I should have also said; Good Luck and enjoy; make it the time of your life!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so happy for you! As much as you will be missed here, I know bright and amazing things are in your future. Plus there is so much more opportunity for you there! Best of luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so happy for you! As much as you will be missed here, I know bright and amazing things are in your future. Plus there is so much more opportunity for you there! Best of luck!!

    ReplyDelete