Saturday 21 May 2016

Summer is coming!

*I'm sorry for not writing lately. I've been busy, I promise!*


Last Saturday, mom and dad and I all the day off to do some spring cleaning.They brought me down my tote of summer clothes from the attic in our garage and I spent maybe an hour sorting through my summer and winter clothes and going through things to get rid of. My mom noticed my progress and said I did a good job with my haul.  
Also last weekend, Alyssa and Haig went to Saint John, N.B. to visit some friends who just got married. They came back on Sunday and asked if I wanted to hang out and make supper together. I went to their apartment and took all the things to make tuna melts and seven minute rice. They really appreciated it. Haig was doing some homework, so Alyssa and I watched a rather new church movie called "Once I Was A Beehive", and its about our church's young women's camp. It was my first time seeing it and I cried a lot. IT WAS SO CUTE. (And it's on Netflix if you're interested in watching it!) We also had some ice cream while watching it. 
Alyssa and I got ice cream on Thursday night as well, at a place called Jewel's Country Market. You can probably guess, its a garden type store and they have a big greenhouse full of beautiful flowers and herbs and plants. And there's an ice cream bar. Yum!
(We got this picture taken last year. It's a really cool place! Always reminds me of summer in there.)

I think Winnie is excited for summer, so she can lay out in the sun and go on beach trips and hopefully get to spend more time with me. 

Another sign of summer is fishing! Dad and I went fishing at Oyster Bed Bridge on Tuesday. We didn't catch anything, but it was still a nice time to spend with dad as we tested the waters. 
A wild Kevin in his natual habitat near the water


Still fabulous while fishing. #floralrainboots 

On Wednesday night, we had a bonfire at my friend Abby's house. We all love bonfires so much. It was funny to tell stories around the fire and be all cuddled up in blankets. I know all of us are probably going to have more bonfires this summer, as well as beach trips and drive in nights!!

So, I am hoping to take a couple trips in the next few months. Planning is still happening, so stay tuned to hear more adventures!! :)

1 comment: