Sunday 8 May 2016

Mother's Day

First of all, Happy Mother's Day to all my motherly readers!
I'm hoping you've all had a lovely day with family or friends or pets or whoever you chose to spend the day with! God bless you all!

This morning when I got up, I gave my mom her presents. I got her a really nice card and a coil notebook that says "BE YOU" in gold letters from Indigo. She liked them! Dad went to Alberton to see my Grammy, so mom and I went to church together and sat with Alyssa and Haig. We had to leave early though since I had to work at 11;30. 
As most of you know, I work in a Rockport outlet store, which is located in a small strip mall with other cool Island shops, including Cows Ice Cream!! Today at the shop, 100% of proceeds from ice cream sales were going to the Red Cross for relief effort in Fort McMurray. I know I'm not supposed to shop on Sunday, but I think we can make an exception when there's a fundraiser involving ice cream. Mom drove down to the shops around 4:30 because the line up was crazy long! However, it was great to see so many people come support the cause. She stayed in line until I got off work around 5:10. I met her down there and paid for the ice cream as another part of her gift! (I also got chocolate covered potato chips and lobster gummy candy)

When we came home, I played with Winnie a little bit in the yard. 
I know it sounds corny or whatever, my pets are my children. They mean so much to me and it gives me a lot of responsibility. And I don't care if people think its weird that I call them my children. So it's kind of Mother's Day for me too ;)
-
Left photo: Me telling my best friend that I'll be late picking her up
Right photo: Meeko trying to think she can attack Winnie through the window and Winnie looking at her like she's crazy, (Also muddy window from Winnie jumping on it after digging, what a little rascal!!)


After playing with Winnie for a bit, it started to rain and even thunder a little. It didn't last long, maybe half and hour. Outside seemed so spring like, so I took my camera out.


I love our weathervane, reminds me of our old yellow lab, Nala.

Also, my hair looked really good yesterday for work, so I wanted to share. :)
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment