Tuesday 23 February 2016

Yes, I have four cameras.

Over the summer, I watched "How I Met Your Mother" (and I'm watching it over again now, haha), and the main character Ted Mosby has an antique camera collection. 
And I want one too.

When I was in grade twelve, I got my Canon Rebel T3 and it's kind of been my "old faithful". I took it to Scotland, Iceland, Ottawa, Newfoundland and other sweet places. I also used it for journalism, for school assignments and on the job training.

(Taken in the Kex Hostel in Reykjavik, Iceland)

Around the same time I got my Canon Rebel, I found my dad's old Nikon film camera. I had used film before when I took a class called Visual Communications in grade 10 where we had a film photography portion, which was really fun because we got to develop our own photos in a dark room and everything! So I decided to get film for the Nikon to try it out. And it was great, but unfortunately, I believe the aperture isn't working correctly anymore. It will be semi-retired until I could possibly get it fixed. 

The Nikon
                                       
One of my favourite Nikon photos from Brackley Drive-In

I went to Value Village last week and I think I struck gold. I found a Minolta X-700 film camera in the store. Like what?! It was $70, and I took the risk. I got new batteries for it and took it to the P.E.I. Photo Lab to see what they thought. They told me to try some film in it to see how well it works. So I did, and it seems to be all right! I can't wait to see the photos from it!
It was a lucky find and I'll definitely share some photos on here once I get them back!
Lastly, I was on Kijiji this morning and found an unopened Fujifilm Instax Mini camera at a decent price. Which is awesome because I've wanted one for so long and this was my chance! I emailed the woman and she said I could pick it up today. Winnie and I took a little drive out to Orwell Cove to pick it up and we made a quick stop to look at Vernon River. 
The camera itself with one of its pictures!


And here is sweet Winnie by Vernon River :)

[I take too many pictures but I don't care.]

No comments:

Post a Comment