Wednesday 18 January 2017

Stressed but well dressed :)

I've been trying to stay positive so far this January, but I've stressed myself so much to the point of getting a cold sore on my lip and I was pretty sick for like two weeks. I think what is bad about it is that I've been stressed about such little things that don't need to be that hard. But I know I can do better! I'm trying to remember the things of this quote and writing in my journal to express some emotions. Prayer helps out a lot too!

(Sometimes, just looking at my engagement ring helps keep me happy. Also thinking about the guy who gave it to me works too!)

Speaking of that, Keaton and I just had our 8 month anniversary from when we started dating. I know most young adult couples don't usually celebrate month anniversaries, but we love our progress and our commitment to each other, so we celebrate anyway! 

So ... On Saturday January 14, I went and did something really cool. I went to Simply White Bridal on the north side of Edmonton with Jackie and Courtney and got a wedding dress. YEP! It all happened so fast and the dress is gorgeous! We set up a group chat on Facebook for my mom and my sister and two of my bridesmaids to get their feedback. I tried on probably a dozen dresses and narrowed it down to four, then three, then two. And then I picked the one! I can now say that I said yes to the dress! 
I know in this picture, you can kind of see the top part of the dress, BUT the rest will be a surprise. Spoiler alert: it's white and has sleeves to accommodate our lovely temple marriage :)


So that has been my life lately! Let's see what the rest of the month will bring! ☮

2 comments:

  1. Guess you'll have to send us pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey kayla, i would like to chat with you about wedding dress shopping. what is your email?

    ReplyDelete