Saturday 13 August 2016

Parties and new cars

So Pokemon GO is a cool thing. And it's really awesome! I'll be honest, I haven't been playing it a lot lately since I can't overuse my data when I'm out and about, but it's still really good. Alyssa and Haig have been my best partners for it.

On July 30, we had a 30th wedding anniversary party for my amazing parents. Their anniversary is actually August 2, but we had to pick the right date so family and friends would be able to come. We had a really good bunch of people come. And we had good treats and music and pretty decorations. I'm really happy we did this for my parents. They've done a lot for us, so this party was a really good way to return the favour. We love you Mom and Dad! :)






I haven't been to church in a while since I work most Sunday's. That sucks and kind of upsets me, but I know as long as I keep praying and reading scriptures, I'll be given the strength I need. I had an episode last week where I was very stressed and crying puddles. I ended up on my knees beside my bed praying that I would feel comforted and to just breathe and try to make it through. Next thing I know, Winnie was laying in my bed and came right up to give me a hug but resting her head on my shoulder. I did receive the comfort I desired and got an awesome hug from my awesome dog. (This picture is not from that experience, but it was still cute when Winnie decided to rest with me while I was reading one morning.)
I also made these crafts at a relief society meeting one night. I'm super proud of them since I'm normally not a crafty person. Both of them are hanging up in my room now :)

On Sunday August 7, I had some visitors on P.E.I. 
Keaton's sister Courtney and her husband Tom were making a east coast trip before they move back to Alberta (They were living in Kingston ON, where Tom was going to school.) This was my first time meeting them so we invited them over for dinner. It was awesome to talk to them and get to know them a little bit more. 

I made a really good adulting choice this week as well. I got my own car! She's a 2005 Toyota Corolla and her name is Carla. which is not a pun on the word "car". Keaton and I decided to pick a name together and we were going to go with Carl but I thought the Corolla looked a little more feminine, so we both decided with Carla. 


Lastly, I'm very excited for next Sunday for when I'll be driving to Amherst NS to get Keaton because he's coming to visit me! We are going to have so many things to do, so hopefully I'll have plenty to write about! :) 
Bye for now folks!

1 comment: