Friday 17 June 2016

Differences

Lately, I've been feeling a little discouraged with certain aspects of my life. I know I'm not perfect and no one else is. But I wish sometimes people would take the time to consider what they do around me. I thought being a Latter-Day Saint was hard in high school and college. But it's surprisingly tougher as a young working adult. When Elder Dale G. Renlund came to speak to us all in Sackville, one major thing he touched on was about how as saints of Jesus Christ, we're going to be offended in different ways. But it's our job to rise above it and use our faith to overcome those trials. 

I was on Tumblr other day and I follow the Mormon Channel. They blogged this quote.

"You will come to know that what appears today to be a sacrifice will prove instead to be the greatest investment that you will ever make." - Gordon B. Hinckley


I know I've made many sacrifices, and I know I'm going to make many more in my life. It's through faith and prayer that I can get make those sacrifices that will hopefully benefit me. I know I have so much support from family and close friends who understand the same things I do. And I'm grateful for that.
It's good to be different, as long as I'm happy doing it.
As I usually say in my prayers, I need all the help I can get. 

No comments:

Post a Comment